Thursday, September 3, 2009

Spring 2009

Welcome to Spring 2009! My blog has changed with the season also.

I just couldn't help myself. I find the new 3-column blogs a lot easier to read and you can also cram in a lot more stuff.

So to exploit this new blogging feature, I've added more links to the right-hand side menu - which I intend to grow further still. Personally, I can't get enough of those tid-bits of information which others' work so tirelessly to provide the world. For no other reason than they can, and it's inspiring to boot!

I've changed the pictures and looking to add a blogroll soon too.

Busy-busy-busy, like a little bee in the garden. I hope your Spring weather has been pleasant around Australia, and your gardens growing as they should.

7 comments:

  1. lovely fresh look Chris! Spring is so much anticipation isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure is Em, I love waiting for the first Spring seedlings to emerge from the ground. I'm waiting for some purple king beans to pop their heads out any day now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I like it!
    Is there a trick to getting the tabs along the top, or is it your template?
    Thanks for the side links, I'll be working my way through them when I've more time(!) lots look interesting I haven't seen before.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it did come with my new template, but blogger should have the "linkbar" feature on many of it's templates too.

    If you go to your blog dashboard, select the "Layout" tab, then press "Page Elements", you should see a long bar under the "Header". If there is no Linkbar, see if there's a place to "Add a gadget" under the header. If there is, selct the "Link List" feature.

    I hope that makes sense. If you find your Page Elements doesn't have the long Linkbar (or space to add a long gadget) then you may have one of the older versions of blogger templates.

    I should do a post on it, because once you find the right tutorials, it's a lot of fun to play around with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely Chris, colours are great too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Chris! I'll have a look at that, although I must admit I'm always worried about changing it, think I'm going to do something mental and lose my whole blog... !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lucky, I thought green and yellow were lovely Spring colours too. Can't get enough of them in the garden yet! :)

    Good idea to be cautious with your blog too, mountainwildlife. I always download a copy to my computer before doing anything drastic myself.

    I'll explain the process in that post I mentioned earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.