Thursday, November 19, 2009

Garden mesh in the kitchen?

When Dave did the shop recently, he collected the wrong size garbage bags for our kitchen bin. They were too small! What to do? Well I searched high and low, in every nook and cranny, for a tall thin container to put the new bin liners in to.

Reduced to looking in the garden shed for solutions, I found the answer in a rolled-up piece of garden mesh. I just secured the liner with a couple of pegs.




It's doing a fantastic job and it's even higher than our regular bin, so it's easier on the back too! I never thought I'd see garden mesh in the kitchen, but there you go.

It does the trick for the time being, and I didn't have to spend an extra cent. Weird but works!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Some spray paint, some pegs with ornaments glued on placed randomly on it and there you go, a unique collectors edition lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl after my own heart - I considered decorating it too. Maybe I will, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.