Thursday, March 10, 2016

Carrot crackers

Both my kids love cheese and vegemite, on crackers. But it gets to be boring, after a while. So when I grated half a carrot for David's wrap, to take to work, I then sliced the rest into discs.


A few of the batch I made for morning tea


After a smear of peanut butter, and a few sultanas later, they make a great finger food snack, for kids. They're fibrous, sweet and savoury, all at the same time! Peter and I shared them together. He enjoyed them a lot.

The best part being, it takes chewing effort to finish, so by the time the plate is clean, bellies have had a chance to fill.

You could easily exchange peanut butter for cream cheese, with sultanas too.

So much nicer than boring biscuits.


2 comments:

  1. I love carrots. We used to give our kids ants on a log-celery sticks cut to about 3 '' lengths filled with cream cheese or peanut butter and topped with raisins. I do that minus the raisins for Molly now-it helps clean her teeth and she loves celery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done peanut butter AND cream cheese, at the same time. Interesting combination.

    My mum used to make me ant sandwiches. Which was buttered bread, sprinkled with chocolate sprinkles. In Australia, known as "Dollars and Cents" Funny names we all give our food. ;)

    Never known a dog to like celery (on'ya Molly) but ALL I've met, LOVE tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.