Sunday, February 23, 2020

Making nests

Pest duty


This little wren was cleaning up my Kitchen Garden, back when I had the netting on. Many small birds pass through, for a curious inspection. Pity they don't eat grasshoppers! I don't get any caterpillars though. These little guys clean them up, before they get big and fat. They can feed their babies from my Kitchen garden, any time. But this post really isn't about my property. It's about a different venture.

I mentioned recently, I was going to start an art challenge, at the beginning of the year. Well, I set-up a new nest for my art, to do it. Nothing fancy. Still Blogger. It bears the name of our property though. Just seems to fit. If you're interested in checking it out, you can find my new art blog, at this link.

I'm pretty excited about the challenge. I've been planning it since the end of last year. But I'm juggling stints in the studio, with days in the garden. As there's plenty to do out there now! What ventures are you excited about planning, or perhaps ARE doing right now?


6 comments:

  1. Your Geisha is beautiful! And what an interesting idea for a challenge. Learning how to explore possibilities is an important skill, I think, and what fun to do it with art.

    I set myself a challenge this year too. Dan gave me a lovely journal for Christmas, so I got some books on haiku from the library and challenged myself to write one per day for a year. I don't have a separate blog for it, although I do put some, from time to time, on my author blog.

    Juggling stints is the homesteader's way of life! Never enough time for everything, but I think carving out time for creativity is just as important as stewarding the land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback Leigh. Art is definitely about exploring the unknown, but also making it obtainable in whatever way you can. I really loved the idea of your journal challenge. That was really sweet of Dan to give you such a gift.

      My first and only haiku, was written for a high school assignment. It was a challenge to write the depth of a poem, in such a short structure. But it made you think about words differently, and I think that's the point, lol.

      Thanks for sharing your particular creative venture.

      Delete
  2. I tried to comment there but Google Account is the only option and I don't have one. Can you put in Name/URL as an option as with this comment box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know that Bev. I thought I opened the comments settings already, but I must have forgotten to save it. All done now. Cheers. :)

      Delete
  3. How wonderful that you have set yourself a challenge like this, Chris, that will see you drawing and creating art work often. I think setting aside time, and a new nest for something you love and are talented at, is a wonderful idea.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg. Yes, it's the discipline of daily art I need to practice, more of. In a fun way though. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.