180 g butter - softened
1/3 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup custard powder
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup walnuts - finely chopped or crushed
4 weet-bix - crushed
150 g milk chocolate - melted
- Preheat oven 160 degrees C, then grease and line two baking trays.
- With electric beater, cream together the butter, icing sugar and custard powder. Using a wooden spoon, mix through the flour, walnuts and crushed weet-bix.
- Divide the dough into small balls (I used a sorbet scoop dipped in a glass of warm water after every 3rd biscuit - see bellow for approximate ball size) and place onto lightly oiled trays. Press down with a fork.
- Bake one tray at a time on middle shelf for 10-15 minutes. Do not allow biscuits to brown, as they'll taste bitter.
- Remove from oven and place onto a cooling rack.
- When cool, spread a generous amount of melted choclolate onto the base of one biscuit and press together.
- Leave 10 minutes for filling to set, then sprinkle with icing sugar through a seive. Eat 24 hours afterwards.
Enjoy if you can...not for the faint-hearted! Let me know if your partner likes them Kirsty.