Thursday, March 30, 2023

A Dishcloth pattern

Set of 4


It has been a while. Several posts in the pipeline, itching to be published. I will have to jump into those another time. As time is short presently. However, I wanted to share a pattern I've always been meaning to publish, for the perfect dishcloth. Or at least I think it is. 

I was asked to share my pattern, by some ladies who wanted to try making some for themselves.

It's based on the very popular Waffle-weave Dishcloth. Only I found the 8 ply yarn too heavy when wet and oversized to comfortably use. It's a brilliant pattern otherwise, and my absolute favourite! 


Work in progress


So I tweaked this version to be smaller, and employs 4 ply yarn instead. Using the same sized needles of the original pattern, means you get a slightly more open weave. So it dries quicker. I tend to be a tight knitter anyway, so it works perfectly for me.

Here is my variation of the very popular Waffle-weave Dishcloth. If you want to print a copy, click the arrow - top right corner. It will open a new window and allow download or print options. 

Scroll further for cleaning instructions.


 
Cleaning instructions: regular cool to warm wash. Shake out before drying to maintain shape. In order to prolong the life and colour of the cotton, dry indoors out of direct sunlight.



6 comments:

  1. Chris, your dishcloths are just lovely. I am sure your pattern will be much appreciated. Chel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel. I enjoy knitting them because they're not that hard. 😊 Very therapeutic. I know the ladies in our group feel the same way about knitting too. It's chill time.

      Delete
  2. Chris! I'm always glad to see a post from you! I will definitely be trying this. Useful quick knitting projects are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see you Leigh. I'm always thinking what you're doing on your property in the US, when I don't have time to visit your blog in person. I know you and Dan will be making progress on something new! This is definitely a quick project, and great practice for alternating between Knit and Purl stitches. 🙂

      Delete
  3. Lovely dishcloths! Such a clear pattern too. I confess to having rather a backlog of partially finished posts behind the scenes too. Perhaps we will both crank them out over winter! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma, great to see you, and thanks. I like a good, simple pattern - though I only tweaked someone else's. But I feel the backlog shuffle, with you. It goes something like, one-step...two-step...publish? Wait!! I have to finish that thought/thing, before I put it out there. Thanks for making me feel better. 😅

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.