Saturday, June 7, 2008

Late night loaf

I was in the mood for some fresh bread in the morning, so decided to crank out a late night loaf. Trying out a new recipe too!


This is after the second prove. By the way, I'm totally in love with this loaf tin! It doesn't need oiling before baking or scrubbing afterwards - just wipe it clean. It even comes with silicon handles so you don't get burned by accident. Best $25 I ever spent!


Golden brown after 25 minutes in a hot oven. Smells utterly divine!


And finally out of the tin.


By the side profile you can see I probably could've let it rise a bit longer, but I also think my yeast has expired it's "best before" date. While it did froth after I activated the yeast, it wasn't as bubbly as it could have been.

All in all though, I'm happy with how it came out. We will see how it tastes tomorrow, with our Sunday morning bacon and eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.