One sheet off...
Off with some metal roofing, and then removing the metal sheeting down the side. I was surprised how quickly it went, with just me working away. David was baby wrangling, and I'm grateful for it. I've been wanting to start renovating this chicken coop for months.
I even found a mud wasps nest, parked in behind the metal sheets and timber holding up the chicken nest. I noticed the wasps last summer. With the wall gone now however, they''ll find it difficult to rebuild.
Two sheets gone...
I'm opening up the inside, because while I've liked having an enclosed area, separate to the run - I quickly discovered ventilation was reduced. I think my new design will be much nicer for the chickens, and I've got further changes which will benefit us too!
Now I just have to wait for another vacant day, David will be available, to continue.