Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Boxhead buddies

Living inside the square


There's a lot more property posts, to catch-up on. But for now I've been indisposed, making costumes again. Only this time, it was for the Halloween themed party, at the Toowoomba City Library (last Saturday). Peter wore his old "Creeper" costume, I made for book week, so it was great to get further use out of it. When at the library, we came across another character from the Minecraft gaming universe. The Enderman!

We were so chuffed to see another Minecraft enthusiast, at the party. I never got a photo of Peter in his Creeper costume, at book week. And it looked like we'd miss another opportunity, when David and I, BOTH left our phones in the car. Thankfully, the parents of Enderman, came to the rescue! They sent the image to my mobile number, and we now have a copy.

Needless to say, Peter was happy to meet the Enderman, and I think the feeling was mutual.


Boxhead #2


I did say I was busy making a new costume. This is Zombie Mark - yet another character from the Minecraft universe. Since it was a hot day on Saturday, I didn't dress Peter in the accompanying shirt and long pants, that complete the costume. Still the gist of Zombie mode, nonetheless! Which was all in aid of the Zombie Walk, held on the same day as the Halloween Party.

The Zombie walk, raises funds for the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation. We went along as a family, with various flavours of Zombie. But Peter's costume took the longest to make, and perhaps the cutest to share, lol. Anyway, that's been keeping me busy, lately. And we're now in the home stretch, to Christmas. Blink, and the New Year, will be here again.

What has been keeping you busy lately? Or are you enjoying a quiet spell?


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It sure is fun, and you get to walk with family. The Toowoomba Hospital Foundation first started in 1991, and has raised nearly 8 million in donations (not all from the Zombie walk). But still quite significant, what groups of people can achieve together. :)

      Delete
  2. Peter looks cute, Chris. We still have painting going on here which will be finished after the next room is done in three weeks. I have that long to go through 40+ years of 'stuff' in our bedroom to decide whether to move it on or keep. It is not a good idea to stay in the same place for that long. At least not when one's hubby goes to garage sales each weekend (until banned). LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel, and I feel your pain. My husband was quite the hoarder when we first met, and it's taken a while for him to see the benefits of whittling back. It actually gives him more freedom to enjoy "using" the things he likes, when all the things that are never being touched, are gone. Best of luck with your huge undertaking. I hope the CEO gets involved too. :)

      Delete
  3. Great costumes, Chris. Sounds like lots of fun for Peter and you!
    I am busy here at home but not in a rushed kind of way, more in an enjoyable way. I've been out in the garden this morning, clearing more of the veg patch and topping it up with compost. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like those enjoyable full-plate days, Meg. It feels like you've accomplished something significant, but not enough to overwhelme. Usually it's garden related for me too. Because it gets you outdoors, moves your body and feels like zen. :)

      Delete
  4. My oldest granddaughter had a Minecraft birthday party, so that was Dan's and my introduction to Minecraft! Looks like it's popular world wide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome she had a Minecraft themed birthday party. I'm sure all her friends would have loved it. Seems to be popular with kids. A universal language at least, lol. What I love about it as a game, more than others, is how it's interactive. It gets kids building their own worlds. It even has survival mode, where they have to eek out a dwelling, by mining and cutting down trees.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.