Saturday, March 30, 2024

2022


Hello there, dwelling place of the crickets. My last post was almost a year ago. What happened? A lot! I could say it was a lack of time and that would be accurate. Likewise, there were changing pieces on the board I couldn't keep up with. How to voice the process of transition? Well I'm about to...only not here.

A lack of time and transition weren't the real reason the crickets moved in though. Evidently, I lost my connection to calling this place home. Tragic - yes - but home was calling me out there. Where? I don't know yet.

What I do know is I've resurrected an old blog - Small Virtues. This will be where I voice my search for a new home. Can you believe this land was my home for a whopping 17 years! Every Easter is the anniversary. Wow. But I can equally make a new home elsewhere, and take my experience with me.


Successive generations


Thank you to everyone who has followed me this long! Shout out to Bev, my blush-block cohort. You knew the management woes and triumphs I wrote about. Also to Nanna Chel, a lovely local who invited my sourdough experiments to a group of homemakers, to share. We still meet regularly, and some of the ladies still make sourdough from the original starter! Shout-out to Griffin!

To my friends over the pond, Leigh and M, who have their own land management issues to wrangle. Haven't we bounced the ideas around, to find solutions? You inspired me. Well, you ALL did. Especially Liz over at Eight Acres, and Nicole at Early Bird Farm. Two resourceful ladies, who started their own farm business. I know I'm missing others too - like my friend Linda, who eventually passed from cancer in 2018. 

I cannot name everyone but please know all your generous contributions over the years, helped make this space a welcome place to be. Whether you came from acreage, suburbia, Australia or offshore - thank you. Sincerely. I will keep this blog open to read, but now is my final goodbye here. Blessing to you all. 

4 comments:

  1. Chris! I was so happy to see your post! My, it has been a long time. I'm glad you're going to be blogging again, even if it's not here. A new space for a new adventure seems appropriate. Now to follow your link and follow your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too long Leigh, and it's wonderful to touch base with you again! I finally wrapped my head around a way to move forwards. When you're ready - you're ready, I guess. I've missed you, Dan, and the animal fam! There will be plenty for me to catch up with your adventures.

      Delete
  2. Great to hear from you Chris! Good luck with your new adventures, a new season awaits! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris...a bit late with catching this post...stopped reading my blog feed reader for a time, but look forward to catching you at Small Virtues.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.