Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Reno round-up


Two years on, from the bathroom renovation - was it worth the time, effort and money, spent? Which wasn't a lot of money, but still. Do you wonder, if I fell out of love with that green feature wall yet? Or did finding the right plant, that survived, seem more like a burden, than it was worth? Did I really achieve the sense of the outdoors, coming inside?  Or should I have just left the whole thing alone?

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Aussie Battlers

Facing West-South-West - the current wind direction

I don't know if you can see it, but there's a smoke haze, on the horizon. My thoughts are with those in Stanthorpe (Granite Belt) and surrounding areas. After facing their local water supply, drying up recently, they are now being hammered by bushfires. I spent my last few years of High School, in Stanthorpe. My mother also grew up in the area.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Plant saga - success!

Finished, winter 2017

When I did a minor bathroom renovation, 2 years ago, my intention was to bring some of the outdoors - inside. Because cleaning a bathroom, can be mundane work! I love gardens though, and everything green in them. So what better, than to introduce a green feature-wall to the bathroom? Once complete, the next challenge was to introduce a living element to the bathroom. Anything, has to be better than mould, right?

Monday, September 2, 2019

Zone Zero

A new friend

Coming out the winter hibernation period, I've had a wave of ideas to sort through. Because normally this time of year, is our dry Spring. We occasionally get a wet one, but more likely, they're dry. Actually, since 2017 rainy season, it's been dry all round. Every season! Which presents the dilemma, of what to grow? Especially, when there isn't much water to spare.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Cubes & costumes

Going green?

In case you didn't know, it's book week in schools and public libraries, all over Australia. It's an opportunity to celebrate all things, books! At Peter's school it was dress-up day, today. Where you could choose to be a favourite character from a book, or just what inspires you.

Monday, August 12, 2019

No-man's Land

What's caught your eye, Mr Kookaburra?

No-man's Land. An enigma, really. Kind of like how we're approaching the middle of August. How did that happen? Thank goodness, I've socked away some early Christmas gifts, got onto some clothes mending, and food fermenting. All good stuff! But I've also been avoiding this space too. More than real-life, demanding my energy. I've had moments I wanted to blog, but simply couldn't. I think I know why.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Simply July

 A bouquet

July comes after the hump of mid year. That means the shortest days of winter are behind us in Australia. So there's much to look forward to, in the coming Spring. July is when I usually receive flowers from my husband, because it's my birthday. Forty-five, this year. The mid year, of my mid life. It sounds so formal, when put like that. For me, it's really an opportunity to reflect on the fact, I've HAD this long.

See, I almost drowned when I was younger - somewhere between seven and nine.