Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pumpkin vines

My butternut pumpkin vines are finally starting to overtake the overgrown weeds.



I was a little worried when the rains arrived and the weeds shot up out of nowhere. But testimony to the hardiness of the good old pumpkin vine, she's come a cropper.



And here is the first pumpkin I can see. Still green but hopefully not for long! I just planted four seedings in my regular garden to help keep the soil together. It's the only vegetable I've got planted in the ground. The rest of my growing attempts are limited to planted containers.

I love the good old pumpkin vine though. They are the true survivor of the veggie world. Give 'em an inch and they'll sprawl a mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.