Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Gingerbread Men

Has Christmas gone already? Thought I would show what I was busy doing on Christmas Eve - baking Gingerbread Men!



Baked fresh out of the oven, complete with dried currant buttons.



...and after being dressed in their royal icing clothes. They proved popular with the kids and didn't taste too bad either. They were my first attempt at the infamous Christmas treat and I'll be doing them again next year.

I also made coconut ice and mini meringues, which proved to be popular as well.

Our little girl even coined the mini meringues, "orangutans", because she was familiar with that word. So we now call them mini orangutans!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those look amazing! I'm going to try making them this year for Christmas presents then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry whatnow, I haven't replied to this comment sooner. Gingerbread men really are a lot of fun to make. And great to eat too!!

    I hope you enjoy making yours' next Christmas.

    Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.