Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Switcheroo

Hi folks. I've not been blogging, due to some big decisions, which have unexpectedly emerged in our lives. One has to do with my new website. After several months waiting on Weebly, to fix a bug in my comments box, I've still had no success. No follow-up contact, either. Now they aren't returning my inquiry emails. So I've decided to stop blogging about our property, there.

I could have changed hosting companies, like I was intending to, later. However, another big decision was going to affect that too.


~ Late May ~
time for fledgling kookaburras, to leave the nest


For now though, please bear with me, as I gradually migrate the four property related posts, back here. Where I also intend to finish the second part, of the last post - about Resilient surprises. That was left hanging for a while.

I'll try to post one-a-day, so I can be all caught up, for the next bit of news to share.

It's been crazy around here lately, with more crazy to come. So if I don't sound like my normal self, it's because I'm not really dealing with normal, at the moment, lol.

I hope you're all doing well.


6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with your new website. When they work right it's fun, but problems can be such an expense of time. Weebly doesn't have a community forum? Sometimes those help, although not with technical problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh. Ironically, the community forum is where I first went for help. Reporting the issue to the support team, was the advice given after many attempts to recrifiy the problem, via community members. Weebly eventually determined it was a bug on their end, and said they would fix it. Not replying to my follow-up emails, after waiting six weeks, was when I decided to cut ties. No point supporting a product that's buggy, and the hosting company leaves it's customers in constant limbo.

      I'm still glad to have had the experience to build a website though. For that I'm grateful for crossing paths with Weebly. :)

      Delete
  2. Chris, that's no good about the follow up with your website. I hope things are going okay for you apart from that. You do know that 'normal' is just a setting on a washine machine don't you? 😄😂😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thank goodness my washing machine, still has a normal setting. You're a gem for reminding me, there was still some normal to be had. Love it. Think I will go caress my washing machine, for it's loyal service. Or maybe just empty it. Literally, it was beeping the end cycle, just before readimg your comment. ;)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that about the new website, Chris, it looked like a winner, too. Hang in there and I hope all is well with you in other matters, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev. It was a tough decsion to nix it, as I was looking forward to developing it further. I'm sure the experience will be valuable for future enterprises though. I learned heaps, by putting it together. Just have to sort out a few things in our life, first, which will help us in the future.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading what you have to share. Gully Grove is a Spam free environment though, so new commenter’s only leaving hyperlinks, will be promptly composted.